The Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) is the voice of the UK horticulture industry.
For over 120 years we have represented and supported our members on issues impacting the sector. We give you a platform to promote your business and to develop relationships with suppliers and customers. Our aim is simple: to promote, support and nurture our industry to ensure a robust and sustainable future.
- Gain access to the National Garden Gift Voucher Promotion:
- The largest and longest running gardening promotion in the UK – worth £30M to the industry - drives footfall to your business.
- Sold in over 2,000 garden retail outlets.
- On purchasing, customers spend on average 23% more than the value of the voucher/card on other goods.
- Upon redemption, customers spend on average 57% more than the value of the voucher/card on other goods.
- A percentage from the sale of each gift card is given to Greenfingers – a charity building magical gardens at hospices for children with serious illnesses.
- Free Point of Sale (POS) and marketing collateral including seasonal giveaways.
- The HTA re-invests its proceeds from the scheme to support gardening and gardening good causes such as Gardening is Good for You and National Children’s Gardening Week.
- Free entrance to our National Plant Show – network with HTA certified, quality assured growers and get access to the very best UK grown plants.
- Garden Retail Monitor (GRM) to compare your business performance against regional and national averages.
- Retail Business Improvement Schemes to help you maximise profits and future-proof your business.
- Workshops on topics such as visual merchandising, social media and marketing.
- Discounts on HTA networking events, conferences, seminars and exhibitions.
- Market information – regular market updates, trends and insight reports.
- Latest industry news through our monthly newsletter and weekly email updates.
- Access to e-learning via the HTA Hub – an online training platform.
- Topical Seminars on issues such as plant passporting, sustainability and vine weevil prevention.
The HTA works for you, and with you, on issues which impact your day-to-day business. We work tirelessly with government and the media to represent you and your views, in order to shape policy and legislation on topics including:
- Employment and labour
- Horticultural careers support
- Plant passporting and plant health regulations
- Business Rates
- Environmental Sustainability
- Recycling (eg. Plant Pots)
We work with a suite of suppliers offering sustainable solutions, helping members to save money or receive favourable terms. These include:
- Utilities, lighting, and fuel
- Health & Safety
- HR and employee benefits
- Security solutions
- Payment processing
You can call us to get expert help on anything from facilities management and biosecurity, to waste regulation compliance, business rates and employment law.
Hear from some of our members
“ When it comes to keeping abreast of real issues such as biosecurity & sustainability ones realises the real value of HTA membership. ”
Jonathan Savage, Scotsdale Nursery & Garden Centre
“ Whatever we ask for, HTA always delivers. ”
Diane Lowis, Daleside Nurseries