Water conservation is important not only for the environment, but also for your business. Water efficient practices will help you and your team make better informed choices for your customers. It will enable you to be more confident when speaking to clients about water management, and dealing with otherwise tricky water conservation issues. The HTA has developed an efficient, one hour long eLearning course to help train landscapers on water efficient practices throughout the landscaping project lifecycle. This course provides landscapers, gardeners, designers, and groundskeepers with the tools and knowledge to plan, build & establish, and maintain sites that conserve and manage water sustainably.
This course has been designed and developed in partnership with Association of Professional Landscapers (APL), British Association of Landscape Industries (BALI), Institute of Groundsmanship (IOG), Society of Garden Designers (SGD), Turfgrass Growers Association (TGA), Waterwise and Water UK, and 6 leading Water Companies. As the learning is entirely online, your staff can complete their learning whenever is convenient for them, and will be able to download a certificate themselves, confirming their training.
Anyone in the horticulture and landscaping industry.
- To recognise the need to be water efficient.
- Understand which areas of garden design could pose more problems surrounding water conservation.
- Have the ability to apply water efficient practices throughout the landscaping project lifecycle.
- Promote water efficiency strategies confidently to consumers.
- Follow industry codes of practice.