This one day technical seminar looks at the challenges of vertical landscaping. Industry experts and practitioners will be on hand to provide information and technical knowledge about all aspects of wall construction.
Topics to be covered include:
- The design process – What to think about when designing free standing and retaining walls.
- The role of a structural engineer – When should they be approached and by whom?
- Types of walls – Backing walls, facing walls, concrete block, brick and stone. Choices and technical considerations.
- A case study of a designed simple reinforced concrete backing system.
- Dry stone walling – Tips and hints on how to achieve the look and how working with a specialist can work for your business.
- Compacted earth walls – Design considerations and how they are built.
- Rendering systems – Sand and cement versus designer render systems.
- Wall drainage – Painted systems and wall drain systems, weep holes. How to do them properly.
- Specialist mortars for facing work.