APL Ski ALP Winter Workshop will be held in February 2020 and has simple aims; to promote learning, sharing of best practice and experience, knowledge improvement and to inspire. All within a stunning location, surrounded by world class ski slopes.
Rod Winrow, Chairman of The APL, said, “The driving force behind setting up this conference was the recognition of the increasing pressure we all face, but also the realisation that many amongst us carve out fantastic, satisfying careers and have interests outside landscaping or design to balance out time spent at work.
“We feel that it is hugely important to create a forum whereby we can share our experiences to support and inspire each other. APL Ski ALP is this forum”.
As this is a non-profit making conference organised by landscapers for the entire landscaping community. We intend to encourage delegates to give a short presentation on an aspect of their landscaping, design or non-industry life, with the overall aim of inspiring and learning from each other. You do NOT have to have climbed Everest, won a gold medal at Chelsea or be a TV presenter to speak at this conference (although you may bump into one of the above)! It's a great opportunity to speak at a friendly, unintimidating international conference.
1st – 8th Feb 2020
Location: Chalet Hotel St Christoph
- (4 star hotel) run by Inghams. Facilities at the hotel include a Wellness centre with indoor pool & sauna. Log fire, lounge and bar. Ski to and from the door.
- St Christoph is a village at 1800m, linked to St Anton, Lech, Zurs, Stuben, Warth, Sonnenkopf, Austria.
- Price £975, This includes flights, transfers, half board catering, wine, afternoon tea, prosecco and canapes (6 evenings), conference fee and the conference dinner.
- 3.5 hours of presentations each day (on 5 days).
- Additional costs would be £250 approx. for lift pass, plus ski / snowboard/ boot hire if required, holiday insurance.
- Regional flights are available from Bristol, Birmingham and Manchester at an additional supplement.