Are You Ready? – 5 Essential Actions for EU Exit
- Make sure you have the correct EORI number
- Check your arrangements from 1 January for making or deferring customs declarations.
- Make sure you are registered on PEACH and as a Place of Destination (POD) for importing plants – watch the PEACH tutorial and read the PEACH user guide
- If you export plants make sure you know the arrangements and prohibitions, including the recent announcements for Northern Ireland such as the Movement Assistance Scheme There is also news on a lifting of prohibitions for some plant types & species.
- Check arrangements & terms with all your suppliers, both EU and UK based, and read all the information on the plant health portal and gov.uk
Finally for any questions at all about importing & exporting there are plenty of Government helpline numbers and emails; -
- UK Government Business Helpline (Main Number for any query) 0300 2000 900
- Defra Plant Health (EU Exit Queries) E-mail email@example.com.
- APHA (Plant Health Helpline) England & Wales Telephone 0300 1000 313
- SASA (Importing Helpline) Scotland Telephone 0300 244 1455
- PEACH Helpdesk (For advice on using the system for prenotification) 0345 607 3224
- Plant Importing Queries (Defra / APHA helpline) 0300 100 0313
- CITES 0117 372 3700
- Trader Support Service (for Northern Ireland traders) https://www.tradersupportservice.co.uk/tss
- HMRC Commodity Codes firstname.lastname@example.org
- HMRC Import/Export helpdesk (for customs queries) 0300 322 9434