This year’s HTA Catering Conference, sponsored by Compass Group UK & Ireland, takes place at The Belfry in Sutton Coldfield in the West Midlands on Tuesday 13 and Wednesday 14 June 2017.
The focus this year is around Strategy and Operations on day one, and a Focus on Food on day two. Our workshops aim to give delegates an in depth insight into key areas effecting garden centre catering offerings, giving them the chance to ask questions and share real experiences.
Workshops on day one include:
- Wage Cost versus Food Costs – the balancing act in operating a garden centre catering operation. How can you ensure that you are getting the balance correct to ensure you are not wasting money and still deliver on quality and service?
- Fresh from a tour of Melbourne, world leader in artisan coffee Ben Minter, Mathew Algie, looks at best practice and the important role that a trained Barista can have in your business.
- Compass Group UK & Ireland will be exploring the outsourcing model using various experts including Simon O’Shea, Michelle Allen and Andrew Fordyce.
Workshops on day two include:
- How to get the most from your salad bar. With the emerging trend of grab and go salad bars across the country, and the rise and rise of healthy eating, Rob Owen, Executive development Chef at Creed Foodservice and James Davidson, Executive Chef at Rich Sauces will take you through the opportunities they have identified to maximise profit, and strategies to get the most from your salad bar using premium flavour notes.
- Caroline Benjamin will join us to discuss allergens. After the success of last years sessions, Caroline will be sharing tips on improving your communication and key areas to be aware of when serving the FreeFrom customer.
- Hospitality and food marketer and trainer, Karen Fewell will be sharing some of the findings from her recent family dining study, exploring what family-friendly looks like in the digital era. She’ll also discuss generational appeal and how to make your marketing engaging for everyone.
The rest of conference will feature speakers from the wider hospitality industry including Peter Avis, Restaurant Manager from London’s Babylon restaurant, Top Chef Dominic Teague from One Aldwych, 2016 Masterchef winner Jane Devonshire and Matt Drew, Head of Food and Beverage for the National Trust the conference programme also draws extensively from expertise from within the industry. Alongside this there will be sessions from industry practitioners including David Yardley and Keren Feeney from Klondyke, Costas Constantinou from Dobbies, James Debbage from Green Pastures and Mark Farnsworth and Sharon McNair from Tong Garden Centre.
HTA Communications Manager Gill Ormrod comments, “The HTA Catering Conference and exhibition provides an unrivalled opportunity for all those involved in garden centre catering to get the latest ideas and inspiration about trends, issues and views from the industry and the wider hospitality sector. “
This year’s accompanying catering exhibition is fully sold out and provides a great additional opportunity to meet a range of suppliers from coffee, cake and soft drinks to bread, tea and much more!
For further programme details and to book your place please visit www.hta.org.uk/cateringconference
Many thanks to this year’s event sponsors and partners.
Headline Partner – Compass Group UK & Ireland
Conference Partners - Blue Cap Coffee, Frobishers Juices Limited, Matthew Algie
Exhibitor Partners – Beanworks, Belvoir Fruit Farms , Bira Bank, CPL Training Group, Creed Food Service, Dawn Foods , Destiny Foods, Ascential (Glee), IFSE, Middleton Foods, Review Systems, Shield Safety, Space Catering, Speciality Breads, Swan Retail, Tea From The Manor, The Handmade Cake Company, Towergate (HTA Insurance), Vision Commercial Kitchens, Whitco, Zeo.
Drinks Partner - Quinton Edwards
Media Partners - Horticulture Week, Garden Forum, Garden Trade News, HTA News
Supporting Partner - Garden Centre Association