November 2019 saw David Sewell of The Garden Makers take up his role as “APL Chair” and Holly Youde of Urban Landscape Design Ltd take up her role as “APL Vice-Chair”.
Both are surrounded by a very strong, passionate and willing committee.
You can see our committee members here by following this link.
This hardworking Committee has all very defined roles ranging from standards, complaints, membership, social, training and most recently Bo with design. At his first meeting in December 2019, Dave was very keen to look at the APL plan and develop a strategy for the next 5 years. Areas need some fleshing out and short, medium and long term priorities need to be attached, but see below a flavour of where your association is heading.
5 Year plan
- Support membership.
- Be the ‘go-to’ association for domestic landscaping.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a strong industry community.
- Landscaping skills training; both practical and business.
- Continue to develop revenue streams to re-invest into projects.
- Develop an environmental and sustainability strategy.
- Continue to develop and update the quality standards (guidance).
- Encourage an environment of fun/positivity in what we do.
- Promote diversity/inclusion/collaboration and unification.
- Promote the industry.
As stated, these are currently loose headings and you may feel there are missing areas. The objective is to firm up exactly what we want/need from the various areas, develop a strategy for delivery and timetable the delivery with milestones and ownership. So I hope you agree, very exciting stuff and plenty to get our teeth into. The enews will endeavour to give you regular updates of our meetings and progress, with meeting reports posted in this enews after each meeting.