Ornamentals Technical Committee
A technical grower group consisting of 14 representatives from across multiple production sectors within the ornamentals industry, including hardy nursery stock, bedding plants, pot plants and bulbs. This group is instrumental in the HTA’s various technical activities, identifying and articulating the issues faced by the membership and industry alike, and assisting in the development of practical, pragmatic solutions.
To assist in the vital process of career development, the group consists mainly of younger growers and technical managers.
The group works alongside the HTA Ornamentals Management Committee and Nursery Business Improvement Scheme to address complex, industry-wide issues covering sustainability, labour, plant importing, biosecurity, crop protection and industry R&D and funding needs.
The group meets three times a year, virtually, at our central hub, Horticulture House, and for a walking tour around a member’s nursery or site. All the meetings are networking opportunities with like-minded individuals to share mutual concerns and relevant news from the industry.
Chair: Ed Holmes, J&A Growers
Vice-Chair: Karl O'Neill, Bransford Webbs
- Aaron Bicknell, Double H Nurseries
- Andy Bean, O.A. Taylor and Sons
- Ben Shaw, Newey Group
- David Malcolm, Worfield Plants
- Imam Sayyed, Trees Please
- Ivelina Karastoyanova, Darby Nursery Stock
- James Durnford, Allensmore Nursery
- Jo Fell, Hilliers
- Kyle Ross, Wyevale Nurseries
- Mark Creighton, Farplants
- Rob Richardson, Johnsons of Whixley
- Vicky Endersby, Osberton Nurseries