Manufacturer & Supplier Membership
The Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) is the voice of the UK horticulture industry.
For over 120 years we have represented and supported our members on issues impacting the sector. We give you a platform to promote your business and to develop relationships with suppliers and customers. Our aim is simple: to promote, support and nurture our industry to ensure a robust and sustainable future.
Developing your trade
- As a HTA member, you get unrivalled networking and communications to nearly 1,200 garden retailers and landscapers. Membership and the use of the HTA logo on your materials assures them of your credibility. If you want to go further, you can attend or sponsor the many HTA conferences or events, or advertise in our monthly HTA News magazine which has a circulation of around 10,000 business people in horticulture. You can also hire our Horticulture House meeting rooms, showroom, or conference facilities at discounted rates.
- As a HTA member, you get free access to some of the most comprehensive data and trends on gardening in the world. You get our annual report into market size and consumer trends (price £1,295 for non-members), as well as quarterly updates on the state of trade in garden retail. It's essential information whether you're planning for your future ranges or talking to your customers about how your products can help them satisfy opportunities in the market
Promotions and incentives
- Looking for a prize or incentive that appeals to keen gardeners? Then look no further than the National Garden Gift Voucher scheme. It generates nearly two million visits to garden retailers every year and is the UK's longest-running garden promotion. As a HTA member you can buy them at discounted rates helping your marketing budget go much further.
- Shaping Policy: The HTA works for you, and with you, on issues which impact your day-to-day business. We work tirelessly with the government and the media to represent our member's views in order to shape policy and legislation on topics including:
- Plant passporting and plant health regulations
- Growing media and sustainability
- Recycling (eg. Plant Pots),
- Employment and labour
- Horticultural careers
- Nursery incentives
- Business Rates
- The Plant Health Certification Scheme helps you with the biosecurity of your supply chain, giving your customers confidence in trading with you.
- The Plant Healthy website offers a simple to use self-assessment tool which allows you to assess your biosecurity procedures against the Plant Health Management Standard.
- We work with a suite of suppliers offering sustainable solutions helping you to save money or receive favourable terms. These include:
- Utilities, lighting, and fuel
- Health & Safety
- HR and employee benefits
- You can call our Advice Lines to get expert help on anything from production and biosecurity, to waste regulation compliance and employment law.
- Belonging to the HTA gives you the opportunity to reach more customers and make new industry connections.
- Our award-winning, annual National Plant Show (NPS) is a great way to promote your company, raise your profile and generate leads by providing a platform to showcase your products to buyers. HTA members receive preferential booking rates (up to 20% off advertised rates) as well as being allocated the first stands in the exhibition hall.
- Participate in the nations best loved gardening promotion - National Garden Gift Voucher, which you can purchase at preferential rates. Associated promotions include National Children's Gardening Week, Keep Britain Growing and Plants Near Me.
- Our Garden Press Event (GPE) is a great way to promote your business, connect the industry with the media and showcase the latest products - HTA Members receive preferential rates to exhibit.
- Use of the HTA logo, showing that you are part of the community.
- Sponsorship and advertising at preferential rates.
- Exhibit at Glee at a discounted rate.
What our members are saying
The HTA stands out, by offering members real potential to influence matters which actually affect their industry.Brian Fraser, Oakover Nurseries
Being members of the HTA has given us access to a wealth of contacts and resources, which have proven invaluable during the recent growth and development of our business. I truly believe that the intra-industry collaboration, which the HTA facilitates, holds a significant role in the evolution of horticulture.Natalie Porter, Porters Fuchsias
I've attended quite a lot of HTA conferences and seminars over the years and I think you're hard-pressed not to come away with something that you can take home and apply to your own business when you get back and hit the floor.Bruce Harnett