Speakers announced for Collaboration and Innovation Zone at Garden Press Event 2024
1 February 2024
The speaker line-up has been announced for the Collaboration & Innovation Zone at this year's Garden Press Event on Tuesday, 20 February, at the Business Design Centre, Islington, London. The Garden Press Event signals the start of the spring season and provides an unrivalled opportunity for horticultural businesses to get in front of key gardening media.
The event, jointly organised by the Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) and the Garden Industry Manufacturer's Association (GIMA), gives businesses the chance to network in person with members of the garden press and showcase new products, themes and stories.
The line-up for the Collaboration and Innovation Zone, in association with the Garden Media Guild, includes Fran Barnes from the HTA introducing the value of UK Environmental Horticulture, before visitors will then have the opportunity to hear from:
- Niall McCauley (Niall Gardens) will give his top tips on How to Get Started on YouTube. Niall will share his secrets to success and essential tips to help you create high-quality content, whether you've already made your first steps into creating online videos or aspire to start your own channel.
- Blue Diamond Garden Centres, in collaboration with the National Trust, will demonstrate how they work together for the love of nature. Blue Diamond Garden Centres are one of the biggest financial contributors to the National Trust's plant conservation projects, with funds to date given to the Trust by Blue Diamond helping to fund several important conservation projects. They will highlight some of those projects, introduce the new collections and products for 2024, and discuss the products that link to specific National Trust cared-for properties. They will introduce their RHS Chelsea Main Avenue Show Garden, designed by Ann-Marie Powell Gardens. Featuring Jill Kerr from Blue Diamond, Andy Jasper from the National Trust and Ann-Marie Powell, the RHS Chelsea Main Avenue show garden designer.
- Emma Crawforth and Lucy Chamberlain will share highlights of the upcoming BBC Gardeners' World Events in 2024, including Adam Frost's headline show garden, urban gardening, and all things Grow Your Own. There will also be an announcement from the Young People in Horticulture Association.
- In 2024, Dobbies will champion garden living, supporting all gardeners, whatever their space. Their in-house experts, Marcus Eyles and Claire Bishop, will discuss plants, houseplants, and innovative technology for their slot 'Gardening even if you don't have a garden.'
- GARDENA's Brand Ambassador, Huw Richards, will talk about being self-sufficient (grow your own) at any scale and give the audience a sneak peek at his new book.
Following this will be the 2024 New Product Awards and Best Stand Display announcement by Alan Down, HTA President, and Vicky Nuttall, GIMA Director, as voted for by the visiting press and media.